Breadcrumbs allows applications to push data of their users to Breadcrumbs. To use the Breadcrumbs API, the first step you have to do is register your application. Each application you register will be provisioned a consumer key and secret.
To register your application you need to have a valid Breadcrumbs account. When you are logged in you can register your application here:
Why integrate with Breadcrumbs?
- We will feature new applications in our newsletters to all of our users. As a result of this you can expect more exposure in a crowded market place and therefore more downloads of your application.
- Adding a very limited amount of code to your application opens up a huge amount of functionality for your user, giving you the edge over your competitors.
- Our API will be continually extended to deliver your users even more value.
Get in touch and stay up to date
Follow us on Twitter @breadcrumbs_api or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The API root is located at http://api.gobreadcrumbs.com/v1/. V1 represents the versioning of the API, current version is 1.
Breadcrumbs uses OAuth for all API requests and currently all services require authentication.
What is OAuth?
OAuth is an authentication protocol that allows users to approve application to act on their behalf without sharing their password. More information can be found at oauth.net or in the excellent Beginner’s Guide to OAuth from Hueniverse.
Use UTF-8 encoding when sending arguments to API methods.
Track Upload API
To be able to import a track a user needs to have first chosen an activity and an associated bundle, either newly created or an existing one (see below).
Breadcrumbs allows to import GPX files sent as string. More information on this is found below.
Tracks are associated with activities i.e. Hiking, Skiing, Mountain Biking.
- Get user’s tracks list for a specific bundle.
- Get KML or GPX for a track.
- Search for GPS tracks.
- Get photos and videos for a track.
- Delete a photo or video.
Terms of Service
Please read through the terms of service.